Wednesday 19 September 2012

still a bag lady!

Last week I showed you a small rectangle of linen stitch which was my preparation for a workshop held last Saturday at my local knitters’ guild.

The workshop was very well prepared and presented and obviously very inspiring since that little rectangle has now become this:
2012 rainbow market bag
A fast and easy knit. I think the most tedious part was the linen stitch handle. I foresee some more of these in my future.

The bag even has my very first i-cord closure:
2012 rainbow market bag detail
Thanks WM for modelling!

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely bag, like the colours of a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colours together, Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful colors. Looks like a very useful bag. So nice of WM to model it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! A first i-cord closure is a huge accomplishment. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent knit! I can see why you would make another-this is beautiful and practical! My two fav qualities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! What keeps it from getting all stretchy when you put stuff in it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking bag
    I have a couple of quilting/patchwork magazines from last year. Email me privately with your address if you would like them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I love this bag.The shape and the stitch are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've never done linen stitch. It looks really nice. And i cord is great - wait til you try an i cord bind off - it's the coolest bind off ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great bag! I don't even know that stitch. You are certainly knitting up a storm these days...

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!