I have passed the halfway mark with my intarsia blanket (more on that in a forthcoming post). Unfortunately, although I planned to use up odds and ends of acrylic yarn accumulated from other projects, I have found that I need to keep buying acrylic yarn.
I have discovered that I would rather not knit with acrylic so I am hoping to my diminish my supply rather than keep adding to it!
Anyway, back in March I purchased 5 balls and hoped that would be enough.
But I’m a bit of Kaffe Fassett fan: “if in doubt, add more colour”. As my scraps have run out, I have been “forced” to buy more yarn. in the last few weeks I have added these yarns to my stash. They are all acrylic; the Needles brand (the first five skeins) is softer and cheaper than the Thorobred but I couldn't get all the colours I needed in the Needles brand.
This has not affected my stash-busting policy for this year; because there was always a “get out of jail free” card –> “No yarn (or fabric) is to be purchased and added to the stash in 2012, unless it is needed for a specific project”.
All, except the last three of these yarns are already in use in the intarsia blanket. I stopped knitting yesterday and started another project (oh no!*) because I really wanted to put red where I needed a new colour. the blue and the green will also be used in the next row or two so they were bought specifically for this project.
While I was in the Big Box Store this morning, I also bought myself one of these:
I hope it helps me see the placement of the cream stitches on the white Aida 14 count cloth!
*I had decided I wasn't starting any new projects until I finished some UFOs but I was only in the mood for garter stitch, so a new project was started.