warning: long, photo-heavy post (hurrah for the new internet connection and Windows Live Writer!)
I had to leave the last question because it needed a post of its own (as you will soon see).
Q. How many UFOs/WIPs do you have right now?
A. Let’s begin with the sewing based ones …
1) The quilt that has been occupying my attention this week is my Country Houses quilt which started life as a single (twin) bed quilt in May last year; it’s too big for a single bed so I decided to finish it to queen size to go on our bed to keep me warm on these chilly winter nights. As you can see, it’s way too big for our bed! I am considering taking one or two rows off but, as yet, have not made up my mind!
2) Scrappy Log Cabin: I don’t have enough scraps to make the border I intended and am still thinking about what to do with it. Here it is with the inner border which has been added since I last showed the top-in-progress. It looks black but it is actually a dark brown because, despite all those blues, the quilt has an overall brownish look.
3) A cloth book I started for the Grandboys for Christmas (they got two of four before I became really ill a couple of weeks before the big day) – I need to unpick the last page I sewed; so it has been having time out in the “naughty corner” since November. This is the page I haven't got to yet!
4) curtains for Older Grandson’s bedroom – his mummy needs to find the hooks WM accidentally left there and I’m not finishing them till she does! (no photos here)
5) Dotty Bright needs basting and quilting
6) Scrappy Strings II: the top and backing have been made but are too long (Is this a theme emerging in my quilting? I hope not!) so I need to unpick the bottom row of blocks and cut down the backing then baste and quilt (it’s been spending time in the “naughty corner” too)
7) and 8) two scrappy quilts made from one donated partly-made flimsy; I don’t have anywhere near enough scraps to finish either of them (the flimsy was separated between the long floral strip and the yellow strings)
9-13) five rainbow quilts which are being made as part of the Scrappy Rainbow Challenge over at SoScrappy; I have blocks in various colours for a four patch quilt (17 blocks made), a nine patch quilt (11 blocks made), a string quilt (15 blocks made), an improv quilt (44 blocks made) and a Wonky Windows quilt (9 blocks made). Obviously, these are long term projects!
14) Hearts quilt: this a shared project with DD; we are hand-stitching applique hearts onto white squares – eventually we will have enough for a quilt! This began as a project to take to Guild meetings and for me to take to meetings of the “Caring Hearts Community Quilt Group” when I don’t have any quilts that need binding.
15) a cover for my fold-up cutting mat (originally used for dressmaking, now mostly used under a white plastic tablecloth to block my knitting)
– I am going to use the embroidery I started in class in April; I just have to finish the satin stitching of the butterfly then I will decide which fabrics I want to use to piece what will be a large drawstring bag (probably lined)
16) Sampler Quilt: I cut out the pieces for the first block in class on Monday so I guess it’s now a WIP!
17) a long-untouched cross stitch which I really ought to get finish, it’s so close to being done! I just have to finish that sheet music (dozens of cream stitches on a white background), the scroll-work music stand and a little more of the piano keyboard to the left then I think it’s finished.
… and then there’s the knitting WIPs …
right now I'm knitting a pair of men's mitts which I will finish today, then I need to revisit the following projects:
18) a pair of gift socks (I can’t say any more, just in case; deadline 22 June)
19) and 20) socks for me
22) Merlot toe-up socks for someone with big feet (I knitted the first sock on 72 stitches instead of 64)!
23) baby blanket (which I am considering frogging – it’s just not working for me!)
22) intarsia blanket (I haven’t seen this for a couple of months and was considering ripping it out but now I’ve seen the photo I’m loving it!)
24) sideways striped jumper – need to pick up stitches and do the collar
25) Ambassador of Love mittens (second mitten syndrome) – I finally located the yarn for the second mitten yesterday! Now I just have to find or download the pattern again!
26) Lace Infinity Scarf which I am also thinking about frogging; the yarn does nothing for the lace pattern – perhaps a dark colour was a poor choice?
I guess it’s time to crack on with the stitching!