Wednesday 16 November 2011

scrappy rainbow

Late last Thursday night, before I went to bed, I sorted through all my scraps to find everything I had in different colours.

This is what greeted me when I walked into my sewing room on Friday morning.

All of those colours have been put in separate bags (black and white together) and then all the bags have been stored together in a paper shopping bag (which shows that there isn't all that much really!).

I have been in my sewing room quite a bit over the past few days. I've already shown you eighteen of the nineteen brown blocks here.

Here are the two orange blocks. They are brighter than this picture shows but could still pass for brown blocks! There is no white/cream in these blocks, it's actually a pale apricot colour - I'm not too good on correcting the colour balance of my photos!


I've also done purple and red blocks but they can wait for another post. The weather today is very overcast and they are two colours that don't photograph well!

I'm working on yellow now! But I don't think I'll get too many blocks - I have a limited range of fabrics and the tones are too similar!

As you can see from the first photo above, the colour I had the most scraps for was blue; and most of that came from our sewing rather than from donated scraps: what would be the most common colour in your scrap basket?

7 comments:

  1. You have been busy. Hope all goes well with the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at your brown blocks. They are fabulous. I love the orange blocks too. I think I have seen the rainbow challenge blog a while back. The one colour blocks look great. I did a big scrap sort a couple of months back and I seem to have a mess again. I think there are gremlins come in at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be beautiful! Love the idea of scrappy color themed blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a rainbow of inspiration! Dive in and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty site of colors to meet you as you enter the room! Pretty blocks - they'll make a nice colorful quilt some day! Thanks for visiting my blog - so nice to find some new blogs to look at and new people to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see how your quilt will turn out. It will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! can't wait to see the other blocks, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!