One of the followers of this blog has self-styled herself as the "Cruise Director" (hi, C!)
In the interests of keeping the ship afloat (so to speak), I bring my latest report on the progress of the Pinwheel Blanket.
The finished blanket will have 112 units (5" x 5") joined together to make 28 blocks (10" x 10").
So far I have joined 80 of those units into 20 blocks.
I then joined those 20 blocks into 10 pairs of blocks.
Four pairs are joined together to make a group of eight (seen on the left of the photo below) and six pairs are joined to make a group of twelve but the twenty blocks (8 + 12) have not yet been united.
Before I ran out of yarn, this was the pile of units I had knitted.
Because there is a mistake in the joining of two blocks in the photo above, and because I would have to rip out 200cm (80 inches) of grafting to fix the mistake, I have decided to let sleeping dogs lie. (Are sleeping dogs allowed to lie around on this ship, Cruise Director?)
The good news is that having made that mistake, I can now make a deliberate mistake and fudge one more block for the yarn I couldn't get!
So now I have to do the following to be finished by next Sunday:
- finish knitting two units which were started but couldn't be completed because of the absence of purple yarn (done - Sunday 24th July)
- join 28 units into seven blocks (done - Sunday 24th July)
- layout the units to see which two colours will work best for my fudge block (done - Sunday 24th July)
- knit four units for the fudge block (done - Sunday 24th July)
- join those four units to make one more block (done - Sunday 24th July)
- join the last eight units into four pairs (done - Sunday 24th July)
- join the four pairs into one large group of eight (done - Sunday 24th July)
- join the group of eight to the other group of eight to make a group of sixteen (done - Monday 25th July)
- join the group of sixteen to the group of twelve (done - Monday 25th July)
- sew in all the remaining ends (started - Monday 25th July; finished Wednesday 27th July)
- crochet a border around the blanket to finish the edges neatly (started - Tuesday 26th July; finished Wednesday 27th July)