Thursday 17 March 2011

Patchwork Adventures in Knitterland

It's been a long time between sessions but DD and I had a play-date on Wednesday.

First there was the setting up of equipment.

Then a dive into an enormous box to see what we had been up to when we last sewed (June 2010).

There was quite a bit of stitching

And pressing

And a fair bit of stitch-ripping

Which resulted in six of these (all done by DD, though not all were done on Wednesday) - look at those beautiful points:


And two of these (DD's on the left, mine on the right - it's really not as wonky as that photo makes it look):


Not much to show for several hours work. One of those last two blocks, which contain 13 pieces - some of them small and fiddly, took me an hour to sew and press and sew and press and measure and sew... well, you get the idea.

Because I know you want to know, C; the blocks are 8 1/2 inches at this point in time.

1 comment:

  1. Very good work! ( Do you know about pressing in opposite directions to nestle those intersections? Do you sew strips together and then cut them apart to make the 12 patches?) Lots of tricks to make the patchwork go faster but you are piecing and that is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!