The second sock of the Moda Vera in the grey colourway is finished. They are fraternal [not identical] twins. I call them topsy-turvy socks. Why? The self-patterning of the yarn is upside down in the second sock.
You see, I made a simple error. The first sock was knitted cuff down. When I frogged it, I did so using my ball winder. Therefore the centre of the ball was the toe end. I cast on from the centre of the yarn cake [as one does] never giving a thought to the fact that I was now knitting with the pattern "upside down". When I cast on for the second sock, I began with the leftover yarn from the frogged first sock. When that ran out, I blithely carried on using the yarn as it pulled from the centre of the original skein. I was aware of what I was doing, but the socks were never going to be identical so I decided to keep going. Perhaps I've created the first ever pair of topsy-turvy socks! Unlikely I know, but it amuses me!
This sock took eight days to knit [not monogamously]. Given that I hurt my neck on Friday and didn't knit at all, it really took a week which is the length of time I thought a sock would take. I've achieved my first goal! That's 100% better than last summer's Southern Summer of Socks!