Thursday 4 July 2013

2013: The Year of the Finished Project – July edition

Never Too Hot to Stitch!
Is it just me or does this year seem to be flying past?

Despite the fact that I was on vacation for the first twelve days of June and did little crafting between my arrival home and the last few days of the month, I managed five finishes! You can read the posts about finishing here and here.

Of course, it helps that most of those were nearly completed before I went on holidays. Airplane
In fact, most of them were on my list for May!

Let’s look at my list for June:
  1. Bed Socks for Beulah -- finished 3 June
  2. Blanket for Emily -- finished 30 June 2013
  3. cardigan for me -- knit sleeves (untouched)
  4. bind the Earth and Sky quilt -- finished 29 June 2013
  5. add border to Scrappy Log Cabin quilt (untouched)
  6. finish Hexagon Project Bag -- finished 28 June 2013
What's that? You thought I said five finishes? 

Yes, I did say five. I also finished a pair of socks that had been on the needles too long. At the beginning of the year I stated that I had to finish one old knitting project before I could start a new one, and two quilting/sewing projects before I could start a new one. I also stated that “plain” socks are not  counted in my “new” projects because I always have socks on the needles – they are the perfect travel companion and are great for knitting in company (unless I’m up to the heel).

So perhaps I shouldn’t count this pair as a  “finish” either; but the fact of the matter is they are finished! So I did have five finishes in June even if only four count as part of the challenge!

Hey, it’s a linky party! It’s not life and death. Crafting is our hobby and we’re not supposed to take it too seriously. We’re here to encourage each other to finish those UFOs and WIPs – any finish is worth celebrating, right? Open-mouthed smile

So, what's on my list for July?
  1. Country Houses quilt – to be finished
    I want this on my bed this winter; it’s been hanging around for two years now!
    on the bed - too big
  2. Ambassador of Love mittens – to be finished
    No more Second Mitten Syndrome allowed!
    2011 Ambassador of Love Mittens #1
  3. Westall Cardigan –  to be finished
    I’d really like to be wearing this instead of looking at it gathering dust on the table.
    2013-05 westall cardigan body complete
  4. Scrappy Log Cabin quilt – get the border on and turn it into a finished flimsy
    It’s been hanging around here waiting long enough!
    2012 Scrappy Log Cabin with inner border
  5. Purple Cocoon socks – make a decision and follow through
    These have been on the needles for nearly two years while I tried to make up my mind whether to frog (rippit!) or finish!
    2011 Purple Cocoon Ribbed Ribbon socks
  6. Gift of Hope #2 quilt – to be finished
    I started this in March but I was waiting to acquire some white flannelette for wadding. I have it now so it’s time to get it off the list.
    Sorry, no photo, I haven’t taken one!
I also have samples to knit for the workshop I’m tutoring on 20th July so I’d better get moving on those too!

And I’d like to make some progress on Deb’s Diamond (knitted) Blanket, my current embroidery (outside of class) and my Dutch Caps hexagon project.

So, I’ve got quite a list but it’s winter, it’s cold and it’s great crafting weather.

I’d also like to clean out my sewing room and make the storage more functional – I’ll start by moving all yarn not in use to the spare bedroom! But that’s another post…

How did you go in June and what’s on your list for July?

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on your accomplishments for June, you did really well. Good luck with your July goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes, have a very productive July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done getting things finished in June. Good luck with your July goals

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cardigan.....it is so pretty and love the pattern. You are making headway on your to do list. Thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Progress is great-I love the mittens......you did a great job with knitting them. I like the purple socks-finish them and find someone that they will fit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your knitting projects blow me away, Lynne! Thank you so much for motivating me to finish up this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did amazing for June considering you only had half a month! I love the cardigan you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great month for you and I love your July projects! Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad I found this Year of the Finished Project!...I might get some more things done! I haven't posted about my scary room yet but we are almost finished with it, so I will do a before and after post.... I am going to work on it right now!
    Hearts!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooops....My project isn't stitching! thought I do have plenty of those to finish as well! I tried to delet the post, but it didn't do it...so, I will come again with a stitching project, but probably after the room gets done!
    thanks so much!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!