Thursday 7 March 2013

2013: the Year of the Finished Project -- March

The second half of February was a non-crafting fortnight for me. Apart from attending my weekly quilting class and knitting some hats for the local hospital's neo-natal unit, I did almost no knitting, and no sewing of any kind!
There is a reason for all of that but this post is not the place for sharing what I can of my family situation.
This is the place to review last month’s goals and publish new plans for the month of March which, I’m sure, you are already working towards given that the first week of the month is already behind us!
Please link below with the URL of your review/goals post (not just your blog URL).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is the list I wrote for February:
  1. Ben's birthday surprise – every time I tried to work on this I just couldn’t; I didn’t think he would like it so I didn’t devote any time to it!
  2. Westall cardigan  – managed to knit a few rows and am about half way through the bottom ribbing.
  3. Black Stump Creek quilt  – finished 9 February; there will be a separate post about this tomorrow (I hope)
  4. hexagon project bag  – didn’t touch it
  5. Scrappy Log Cabin quilt – didn’t touch it
  6. Earth and Sky quilt – didn’t touch it
  7. Deb's Diamond Blanket  –  didn’t touch it during February, this is a long term project  
  8. placemats for the Grandsons – this was to have been my new project for February and I could have started it because I had finished two quilting projects since 1 January but, like everything else, I didn’t touch it!
  9. piano cross stitch – didn’t touch it
Here is what I hope will be a reasonable list for March (although the first seven days are over and I still haven’t done anything!):
  1. Earth and Sky quilt – WIP – at this stage it’s still separate blocks, by the end of March I plan for a finished quilt
  2. Scrappy Log Cabin quilt – UFO – at this stage it’s a flimsy requiring a border, by the end of March I plan for a finished quilt
  3. Scrappy Strings II quilt – UFO – at this stage it’s a too big flimsy with a too big backing, by the end of March I plan for a finished quilt
    quilt top finished
  4. at least one quilt for Blankets With Love – this will be my new project for March
  5. Westall cardigan – WIP – finish ribbing, knit sleeves
  6. hexagon project bag – WIP – my “slow stitching” project
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12 comments:

  1. Looking good! I'm sure you'll get projects done this month. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't think I've ever thought of monthly goals, but it seems like a really good idea. I've been floundering lately, trying to figure out what to do with myself. Monthly goals are a good start. Thank you, I'll have to put some thought into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your March list seems pretty reasonable. Some months things just don't work out, still you made progress on a few things,so the month wasn't a complete wash. Good luck with your March goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wedding quilt is getting embarrassing. At this rate it will be an anniversary gift. LOL. It's still on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this, it has kept me more focused on completing a project each month. Even one major finish is good! Hope you get back to your project list soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Year of the Finished Project is going great... it really makes a difference for me to set goals. Thanks for the nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get the thumbnail to work again. I'm probably doing it wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the list, I'm such a list person, there's something very satisfying with crossing tasks or jobs off a list. You will get your way through this list, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list. Hopefully you will find a few good moments to relax and work on projects this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your scrappy log cabin quilt - hope you can get back to it! Thanks again for the finishes challenge - it has really helped to set these firm goals each month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for keeping us all motivated! It always feels good to finish a project, especially one that has been sitting around for seven years like mine!
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!