Wednesday 27 February 2013

480 and counting

Thank you to all of you who left comments supporting me through my family “issues”. I should not have used that word, “situations” would have been better but I couldn’t think of a better word when I wrote the post!

The first “situation” (which coincidentally began on Valentine’s Day) was a good one, all the better for being totally unexpected, and has resulted in deeper communication and a much closer, even more loving, relationship with my husband of thirty-five years. What can be better than that?

I am trying to get back into a normal routine. I confess that I am easily distracted and can become a little obsessed with whatever has drawn my attention. It has been said of me that I “don’t do things by halves” and this was no exception.

After almost two weeks of living in this distracted, obsessive, nearly dream-like state, I am slowly coming back to earth and my sewing room, where I now sit, reminds me of Things That Need Doing!

My computer and my iPad, ever persistent in luring me, aren't letting me off the hook either! I have dozens of emails, including blog comments, that need answering. 

And Google Reader tells me I have 480 unread blog posts! How is that possible, it's only been twelve days? I will read them all but it’s unlikely I will leave a lot of comments!

I'm sorry, I can't hang around here and chat - I have have things to do! Winking smile

7 comments:

  1. No worry Lynne..you are not alone...we are in the same ship! I think I have to stop following some of the blogs...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey its all about having a life! Ive been doing other stuff also, too much time in front of a screen gets nothing else done !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, just give up and leave them behind. No need to spend time catching up on blogs...spend that time sewing/knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how fast one can get behind if one stays away from blog land too long.

    Glad that things are getting back to normal. Hope that trend continues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! You will now be recharged and ready to tackle the catching up! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean. I find that I sew and blog when I am happy and if I am not I just can't.

    As for the posting I hate the spam. I set mine so you have to put in a capcha since it seems like I don't get spam that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's better than a loving relationship with your husband of thirty five years?......nothing.
    Glad all is well.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!