The first is a Christmas present for our grandsons. Their grandad, my WM, is a keen gardener and Older Grandson particularly loves helping with the watering so I thought this “I Spy” book would be fun for them. Cloth books are appropriate because Younger Grandson still chews things and cloth books are more forgiving than cardboard!
I have a part-finish: today I completed the backing for the Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt. I plan to get this basted in class next Monday and quilted next week; that will mean another Christmas present done and dusted!
And now for the biggie!
Drum roll please!
After twelve months of on-and-off knitting, hundreds of ends to secure, 5.50 metres (220 inches – a little over 18 feet) of i-cord to knit and attach, my intarsia blanket is finally done!
- Dimensions: 1.0 metre x 1.75 metre (40” x 70”)
- Yarn: 8ply (DK) acrylics
- Needles: 3.50mm (US 4)
Last week, I posted about my current WiPs. Here’s the list:
- Christmas Angel – almost finished
Cloth Book– finished
- Christmas Tree Embroidery #3 – a small amount of progress
- Baby Blanket – at least 40 rows knitted; I am working on the seventh 32-row repeat (I’m not sure if I’ll need 10 or 11 repeats)
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Quilt – backing finished today
Intarsia Blanket– finished
- scrappy blocks – 16 blocks made: there will be a post about these on Sunday