Tuesday 18 October 2011

a new beginning

After the "insect attack" which was the subject of my last post, I realised that I had underestimated how many stitches I ripped out! I think it was more like 60,000!

Want to see what that looks like?

That, friends, is a solid, reasonably-tightly-wound ball, 15cm (6 inches) in diameter weighing nearly 300 grams (10.5 ounces).

Or 900 metres (984 yards).

But there is light at the end of the tunnel; some of it now looks like this:
200 stitches wide, 30 rows long on 3.5mm needles
Or, to give you a better idea, here is a close up of what I have been working on for three days (most of the ends are woven in during the knitting process - sometimes I forget!):



An intarsia rainbow at the end of the frogpond!

6 comments:

  1. so many stitches! Sometimes it blows me away just how many stitches pass through my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new re-do of this afghan-it is going to be beautiful! I wouldn't have been too happy about ripping it all out but it is going to be good in the end!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! I love it! Can't wait to see it finished. I've been knitting this weekend too, you'd be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun new project, even if it had a very sad beginning

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be lovely. I love all the colors. So sorry you had to do all that tearing out. Bugs just bug me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you put it in terms of stitches, it sounds like a very painful, but necessary, frogging session!

    I really like the revamped version, the garter blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!