Sunday 26 June 2011

a busy week and pinwheel blanket progress

I can't believe it's been a whole week since I posted about the Pinwheel Blanket - time flies when one is busy! So what have I been doing?
Monday: sewing class
Tuesday: take DD to obstetrician
Wednesday: at Craft Show test-driving sewing machines
Thursday: roaming around town looking at sewing machines and fabric
Friday: eye test, grocery shopping
Saturday: helping out at the Knitters' Guild stand at the Craft Show - too busy to even think about looking at sewing machines or fabrics!
So here we are: Sunday again and time to update my progress on the blanket. I am making 112 of these in five colours (mauve, lavender, purple, rose and crimson)

 I'm more than halfway with the knitting - I have done 63 of the 112 units needed.


So, all I have to do is knit 49 more units and use no-sew grafting to join 104 of those units to make 26 blocks (like these two which I've already completed)

10" x 10" - they will block square
.... then join the 28 blocks to make a blanket

... and sew in all the ends (I keep forgetting to weave them in as I go)

... and add a border! Thanks to the workshop I attended last weekend, I've got a great idea for this one - can't wait to get to it!

Will I have it finished by the end of July?

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been busy! Lots of pretty colors there. I dont envy you weaving in all those ends though!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!