While in-the-round bottom-up sweater lies in the frogpond, it's opposite number is almost completely finished [except for sewing the ends in - isn't that always the way? LOL]. You'll remember that I said last month that one of the good things about being a member of the Guild was access to the library and that I had borrowed this book:
Well, based on this book's basic sweater pattern, I've knitted this:
Don't go looking for anything like it in the book - I did what I often do, designed on the needles. And when I realised I was going to run out of yarn I added some colour work [it's really not that difficult Kate] to tie the third colour in and look like I always intended it to be there [now you know my little secret!! LOL]
The yoke is a combination of slip stitch and stranded colour work. The pattern above the ribbing is stranded colour work.
I quite like this way of knitting but I found working on the sleeves a hassle because the bulk of the sweater was already done - my dpns kept getting caught in the body of the sweater!
And, using the same idea but changing it radically [I guess that makes it my original] I have cast on for a child's poncho knitted top down.