WM and I had a very wet but enjoyable holiday. Although a patrolled beach was less than 50m from our door, we didn't go swimming at all - it wasn't warm enough! We did a lot of walking, watched the surfers and talked. Back in the cabin, we did a lot of reading, eating and I did some knitting!
I sewed up the seam in the beanie I had finished knitting and finished the mittens I started before I went away. I cast on and finished two beanies of my own design; one on straight needles, the other on circulars [those Knitpick needles sure are heavy]. I finished the back of the raglan-sleeved baby cardigan I began in December [those small-sized needles are still hard for me to use].
I also cast on and finished my first ever Tomten jacket in 8ply/DK; the finished size will fit a small child. I had no idea how much yarn I needed and, because I knitted it in my one-of-a-kind hand-dyed 50g skeins [that's all the yarn I took with me], it's a bit of a hotch-potch. However, I quite like the finished article and will probably knit another now that I know I need 411g of yarn to finish! DD was so impressed when I showed her the finished article that she immediately cast on for her first structured article [she has only knitted scarves and blankets up till now]. She is having no trouble following EK's instructions [her first go at knitting from a pattern].
I'm off to catch up with all my favourite blogs - thank goodness for Bloglines! Then I 'm going to frog the scarf I started last night - it's too narrow!