I've only been knitting for six days this year so my knitting year is less than a week old!
* a baby's beanie [in my hand-dyed 8ply/DK on 4.5mm needles]
* a novelty yarn scarf [on 6.0mm needles].
almost finished objects
An adult beanie knitted in two strands of my hand-dyed 8ply/DK on 6.5mm needles. The two strands were not exactly the same but blended together to look like one yarn. I still have to seam this.
on the needles
* the second mitten in hand-dyed 8ply/DK on 3.75mm dpns which I started a couple of days ago
* a baby cardigan in 4ply baby nylon on 3.25mm needles
* a pair of socks on 2.75mm dpns
The last two I started before I was told to stop knitting in December. The smaller sized needles are still difficult for me to handle, so I do one or two rows then move on to something on larger needles - I'll get there eventually. "Slow and steady wins the race": not that I'm racing but I have so many things I want to knit sometimes I wish I had more arms or more hours! LOL
The cardigan and the mittens are going on holidays with me, as are several skeins of hand-dyed, four pattern books and an assortment of needles [plus the scissors, darning needle and tape measure of course]. Plus the ice packs for first aid when I overdo it in my excitement at knitting again!!