Friday 13 July 2007

The dreaded URTI

Not much knitting going on here - I've been laid low with URTI! I've done virtually nothing but sleep over the past few days.

I managed to drag myself out of the house to attend the knit-and-natter of some members of Knit4Charities, a meeting I can't normally attend because I work Tuesdays. However, it's school holidays so my college is also on a break. There were only five people at the gathering but those who were there enjoyed it! I don't know how I completed the one hour drive home - I was feeling pretty woozy by then.

I finally succumbed and went to the doctor's on Wednesday evening - I thought it was viral and there was nothing the doc could do; but it's bacterial and in my throat and lungs so I've been given antibiotics.

I don't know if it was good timing or bad - at least I'm still on holidays so it doesn't interfere with my classes. However, right now I should be on a train to Tamworth and then a bus to Bingara, where my parents live. Instead, I was still in bed when I should have been long gone! But don't despair - WM changed my travel date so I'll be heading north on Sunday.

Last night I did manage to complete the last 34 rows of an OCC jumper and sewed it up too! When I'm finished this post, I'll try to make some sense of the instructions for waste yarn cast-on; the stretchy cast-on I've been using is effective but a pain to do. "What is stretchy cast-on?" I hear you ask. It comes from Lynne Vogel's The Twisted Sisters' Sock Workbook: cast on twice as many stitches as you need, *K2 tog, P2 tog*, rep to end of row. It gives a neat, stretchy edge but I find the K2 tog and P2 tog but be a bit trying at times, maybe my cast on is too tight!

2 comments:

  1. hope you're feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh there is a lot of sickness going around! Isn't it always the way? Sick in the holidays! Bah!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!