Tuesday 20 March 2007

Looking for a pattern

Our knitters' group is having a "one skein challenge" between now and 19 May. I want to knit a rectangular scarf/stole/shawl/wrap from one skein. My niece has a beautiful version knitted by her stepmother but, so far, no amount of asking has yielded any information.

After looking at my niece's scarf/shawl, I guess it was knitted in garter stitch on huge needles. Has anyone seen such a pattern? My niece, who was there when the yarn was purchased, assures me it was knitted from one skein.

ellebee57athotmaildotcom

1 comment:

  1. Well, perhaps it was one huge skein! Schaefer Anne sock yarn is 560 yds and that might very well do it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!