Then on Wednesday, my friend, Debbie, over at Stitchin’ Therapy blog, posted about her goals for 2013. My first reaction was, “Whoa! I need to get through this month first”!
But, you know, my brain had already been thinking about next year. I had already decided that 2013 was the be The Year of the Finished Project.
But I can’t work on UFOs all year, can I?
I’ve got to start some new projects. Really. I do!
And so I return to my friend Debbie’s enabling. She posted about Cat Patches’ 2013 New FO Challenge Linky Party and Giveaway.
Simply put, Barbara is encouraging us to start one new quilting project a month! She says, in a different post where she introduced the idea, “Just consider for a moment the state of bliss you'll achieve at all the new fabric you'll have an excuse to buy. “
Well frankly, even as a relatively new quilter, I don’t need to buy fabric. I have fabric here for projects – I just need to start them!
So, because Barbara has asked me to and I am ever helpful, here are some of the quilting projects I plan to start in 2013:
1. placemats for Grandsons
2. racing car quilts for Grandsons
3. I Spy Quilt for Grandsons
4. Quilt from One Fabric
5. Garden Fence Quilt – in 2011, I tried making one block and it didn’t work. I’ve got a bit more experience now but still need piecing practice.
6. embroidery quilt – these were donated to the Caring Hearts Community Quilters and I volunteered to turn them into a quilt
7. fleece animal blankies
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I have almost no need to buy yarn for at least the next decade! So here are some of the knitting projects I plan to start in 2013:
1. black cardigan for me
2. knee warmers for me – yarn and pattern undecided
3. baby blanket for niece’s baby – yarn and pattern undecided
Have you started making plans for 2013?