Last week I posted about this unfinished quilt top that was donated to our community quilting group.
Nearly everyone who commented agreed with me that it should become two quilts.
But I went even further. I decided that the top section would be more cohesive if I took the sashing off and used the same sashing between all the scrappy string sections to give it a more cohesive look.
So now that top section look like this:
I am storing those sections of joined strings like this:
Unfortunately, I can’t go any further with either of these two quilt tops because I don’t have enough scraps to complete a single (twin) quilt top with the darker fabrics or a baby quilt with the lighter fabrics.
But,that’s okay, I’ve bought some light neutral fabric so I can get back to my Scrappy Log Cabin blocks.
And it’s a new month, so there'll be blocks in a new colour in the very near future.
Now back to the quilters’ triangle: the sewing machine, the ironing board and the cutting table!