Tuesday 8 November 2011

knitting progress

I don't seemed to have achieved much on the sewing/quilting front lately but I have done some knitting.

Last Friday my next-door neighbour had their second child and second son, William, by Caesarean. I was hoping she would have a girl (there are so many pretty things I want to knit) but it was not to be.

Last night I cast on Tate by Melissa Leapman from "Quick Knit Keep Sakes Book 2". I'm using lemon coloured Cleckheaton Fiddle De Dee cotton (discontinued) on 5.00mm (US 8) Knitpicks Harmony needles (borrowed from DD). I haven't given you the Ravelry link because there is no photo there - it seems I am the first knitter on Ravelry to cast on for this pattern! The photo below is copied straight from the book and has been photographed sideways - the cast on edge is to the right of the photo. It is knitted on 151 stitches and has an eight row border of moss (seed) stitch then an "intermediate" lace pattern involving "slip two stitches knitwise, K1, P2SSO". I have done only ten rows so far - I don't know if it was the humidity or my tiredness but I just couldn't seem to knit quickly last night. I have taken no photos of my knitting because who wants to see rows of moss stitch?

In other knitting news, I have finished the body and sleeves of the striped baby jumper. The pattern is Mexicali Baby Ole (Ravelry link) by Mary C. Gildersleeve. It is knitted from the right cuff to the left cuff.The pattern says to block and sew up seams before adding collar - I'm wondering whether to add the collar first: what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. The blanket will be pretty-very nice pattern. The sweater looks very 'south of the border'-I think I would knit the collar after sewing up the seams-a flash of getting the collar crooked comes to mind! Very cute knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help with the knitting question but I love the blanket. I think it will be lovely. What a awesome gift.

    The little outfit is going to be too cute for words too. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby afghan is lovely. Love that design.
    Cute sweater. Don't know about the collar, remember I am not a knitter. lol I will just watch you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty baby blanket. I need to make one now, pity the weather is not co-operating :-)
    I think I would prefer to knit the collar first then block. But I have never knitted a collar on a jumper before either

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!