Saturday 30 July 2011

500th post

Who'd have thought I would make it this far?

This time last year I had all but disappeared and yet, here we are: my 500th post and to celebrate, I'm doing something different!

I have a certain amount of money (the equivalent of collecting 500 "silver" Australian coins of various denominations)  which I will donate to charity on your behalf!

All you have to do is indicate which of three charities you would like me to donate your share to! Simple, eh?

As the percentages of the poll fall, so will I donate the money.

I did have a poll widget here (which I had to get from somewhere else because Blogger will not allow me to edit my layout!) However, the widget would not accept your votes so I must ask you to leave a comment if you want to vote for your chosen charity - sorry!

The three charities are:
  • Medicins San Frontieres (Doctors without Borders)
  • World Vision
  • World Wildlife Fund

To those who read this blog, whether you comment or not, thank you - this blog would not be the same without you.

And a special thank you to those who are listed as followers - who'd have thought that I'd go from three followers to nineteen in a few short months?!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So nice to connect to friends without borders-the internet does that perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynne, the poll thingy says it can't add my vote :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea. Lynne. médecins sans frontières would be my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. daily reader , rarely a comment from me. MSF please and keep up the good work .

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to celebrate your blog anniversary. I'll vote for World Vision - only because I already contribute to the worthwhile MSF and this would contribute elsewhere. Congratulations on 500 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 500 posts, what a wonderful way to celebrate. Doctors without borders is a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Lynne! And I vote for MSF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your 500th post! Very cool! Doctors without Borders is very good organization.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to celebrate your 500th post! The best kind of giveaway, really! I vote for MSF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Yes you did almost disappear dind't you!

    I vote for MSF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats and a absolutely wonderful idea and my vote is for World Wildlife Fund

    ReplyDelete
  12. well done on 500 posts. I cast my vote in favour of MSF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doctors without Borders! It would be great to donate to those guys! Congrats on 500 posts, that is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Lynne, my choice would always be Médicins San Frontières since I learned about them in my French class something like 14 years ago ;-) It's so cool that you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. MSF for my vote, congrats on 500, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations on your 500 post. I vote for World Vison

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!