Friday 17 October 2008

A long, lacy summer
- the Clayton's KAL

For those of you who don't know Claytons, Wikipedia describes it as
the brand name of a non-alcoholic, non-carbonated beverage coloured and packaged to resemble bottled whisky. It was the subject of a major marketing campaign in Australia and New Zealand in the 1970s and 1980s, promoting it as "the drink you have when you're not having a drink" at a time when alcohol was being targeted as a major factor in the road toll.
The word Claytons has passed into popular usage to mean "something essentially the same but going by a different name" - hence: the KAL you have when you're not having a KAL.

Lost? Bells has decided to have an informal KAL - no dedicated blogsite and no prizes - just a lazy lacy summer of knitting or crochet. Suits me fine: no pressure to produce and a chance to join with like-minded people to create beautiful objects of lace. Care to join us?

4 comments:

  1. Wonder whether my shawl would count. But that is more a winter knit.

    Love the poem you left for Donna, made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it counts Rell! It doesn't have to summer knitting! Just lace. Of any kind. That's the point. No rules, no real requirements.

    And yes, claytons is perfect Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love seeing Bells' lace work, but I fear my cat would have other ideas if I had something knitting AND lacy in the house, ROFL.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!