Monday 28 July 2008

a place for everything

Well, almost. DD and I spent Friday afternoon sorting through the stash and finding homes for all the yarn that followed us home from Victoria! WM even tried [in vain] to find more storage space in the linen closet! Not that we have much linen; the cupboard is mostly filled with other things: cassettes, glassware [in boxes - only used for 'good' occasions], cameras - you know what I mean!

Anyway, I thought it might be a good idea to flash the stash at home! Firstly there's the five drawer unit that holds wool - mostly 8ply [DK] sorted by colour [neutrals/yellows, greens, blues, purples, red/pinks]. Those drawers are stuffed full! On top is the bag of roving we brought home from Bendigo. It's labelled felting/filling but I think DD intends to try spinning with it. On top of the bookshelf beside it [not shown] is 2kg of white 8ply wool we brought home from Bendigo Mill which will be skeined and dyed.

In the built-in wardrobe [the fourth bedroom is my study/storeroom] are ten archive boxes. The first four [not shown] are labelled finished items for charity [have to store them somewhere until I see my contacts] and random acrylic - this box contains novelty yarns and yarns of unknown ply and/or composition. Then there's a box with UFO's made from wool and at the bottom DD's box of acrylic 'mohair'.
The six boxes shown [top to bottom, left to right] are labelled
blue [DK acrylic]
neutral/green [DK acrylic]
red/pink/purple [DK acrylic]
sock
hand-dyed
[DK acrylic]
UFO's
On the shelf above the boxes [not shown] there is a bag containing 500g of white Cleckheaton Country 8ply for dyeing, and a ball and a half of 20+y.o. Patons Jet.
Finally, on the top shelf of the wardrobe, are packets of yarn bought in Wangaratta at Australian Country Spinners Mill Shop, mostly acrylic or baby nylon. The bag on the left is Cotone for making chemo caps.

Amanda asked what I'm going to do with it all. Answer, no specific plans yet but I don't think DD or I will have problems finding yarn for our next knitting projects. LOL

As it is, I have so many WIPs and UFOs [see sidebar] I want to finish some of them before I start anything else - with all this new yarn starting something else is very tempting!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Stash. You really out did yourselves on your holiday.

    Congrats on the good bargain buys.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!