Friday 23 February 2007

I've got an idea!

While visiting Scarlet Purls blog, I read that she had knit a shawl for her friend because her friend found it cold sitting in front of the computer.

It's summer here so cold is far from my mind, but I was reminded that in winter, no matter what I'm wearing, my knees get cold when I'm in front of the computer.

Remember the sad saga of the frogged-knitted-frogged-knitted-frogged 80s cotton sweater? A knee rug (lapghan) is a good solution for that yarn. I can mix it with the Panda Regal Cotton I bought (before Stashalong), knit it on larger needles (perhaps in a lace pattern) and the 20+ year old yarn will have a new lease of life!

I'm really keen to try lace, especially when I look at the work of people like Anna and Monica at our knitters' group.

Watch this space!

3 comments:

  1. I have it on good authority that there is a lace knitting workshop coming up at the Guild soon. Your Patches Wrap is a joy to behold and obviously well worth all the trouble you put into it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Patches Wrap! (other post)

    A knee warmer is a good idea, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne,

    So glad I could be of assistance with the idea. I will be interested to see what you come up with.

    So it is summer down under? We in California are bracing for a long, hot summer. I live in Northern California, about 2 hours south of the Oregon Border and we have scorching summer weather, 110-120 Fehrenheit most of August. Lucky for us, we have lots of lakes and pools to beat the heat.

    Thanks for the heads up about my comment function not working. My husband promises to look at the problem over the weekend.

    You are definitely added to my blogroll. Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!