Monday 24 February 2014

Relaxing Robin report

Sorry about the length of time between posts. We have DD and our grandsons staying with us at the moment. We all attended MIL's 80th birthday party on Saturday. They will be staying until Wednesday morning, when I will drive back to Woolgoolga with them and return to Sydney the following day by train so I have a busy week ahead.

But you didn't come here to read about my family activities, did you?

Dawn, over at sewyouquilt2, has a Relaxing Robin Linky party. It's like a Round Robin but the work never leaves your hands so the only one to work on it is you. 

In January we were to find (or make) an orphan block (or two) and add a small border. I showed you my block in my last post but here it is again. Looking at this photo, I'm glad I have a new iron to press out those creases and seams.

I'm considering using the other block as well but haven't started on it yet. I certainly don't have enough of the green fabric to add a border to the second block.

In February we were to add some appliqué. I want to add some bird appliqués to mine, in keeping with the theme set by the fabric in the original pinwheel. My idea was inspired by this lovely mini by Samelia's Mum.

 I plan to do this while travelling on Thursday -- nine hours on a train gives me plenty of stitching time. I hope to cut the appliqué shapes this afternoon while DD and the boys are visiting with DD's best friend.

What about you?
Do you have an orphaned block (or two) that could form the basis of a Relaxing Robin project?
It's not to late to join in if you start this week!

Link up with the Relaxing Robin here.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your visit! Stitching time on the train sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I LOVE your birds! that will be so awesome! I am trying to find time with the new job to get my sewing hat on. this shovelling of snow has put a damper on my progress but I am not a quitter. I want to have a top in a few months. hmmmm, maybe I need a bird with my floral applique?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really neat idea creating a round robin. Your applique is going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks, especially love the birds. 9 hour train trip!!!Eeekkk.
    At least it gives you a good run on stitching or craftwork. lol
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your applique birds. It's a neat little project.

    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I like the birds as applique. I stalled out on my applique step, so I'll still be working on it in March, too. Thanks for posting your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!