Monday 29 December 2008

On the fourth day of Christmas...

It's amazing how the rapidly approaching New Year [and the less frenetic pace of life after the Christmas festivities] gives rise to a desire - nay, a need - to finish things!

So, here are two I prepared earlier - a crocheted knee rug with scalloped edge approx. 80cm [32in] square...


...and a crocheted blanket [approx. 175cm x 100cm - 70in x 40in] made with alternative squares of my variegated hand-dyed yarns and a commercial pink yarn. Both of these items are charity knitting.

I also sewed in the ends of the baby blanket and blocked it [photos when it dries] and completely frogged the Online cotton socks because I didn't like the shape of the toes!

Am I avoiding that wedding stole? I think I might be! LOL

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and while you are on a roll now you can tackle the wedding stole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby blanket is gorgeous. Your hand dyes are beautiful.

    Well done.

    Now onto that Wedding Stole, only a few days, not weeks.

    Please send my best to S&D. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're gorgeous! And I love the book you got for christmas -- that's a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally understand the ideas of wanting to finish things. I need to make sure I keep knitting at this time of year or nothing will get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. GREAT work Lynn! It's amazing what procrastination can do for those WIPS we've been ignoring.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!