Wednesday 24 September 2008

Southern Hemisphere "Spring Fever"

I finished knitting a "Tomtem" jacket from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears months ago but I was never brave enough to insert the zipper. It all seemed way too hard. However, at the beginning of September I must have caught spring fever; I finished a few projects that had been hanging around. Inserting the zip was pretty easy really, once I got my needle through the thick end of the zipper tape.

Anyhow, here it is - my very first completed Tomten.
[I know there's been one in my FO list all year but it got there by mistake - it still has no zipper! I've removed it from my FO list!]

I also finished the striped blanket and a baby cardigan which had also been hanging around for weeks [no photos; it was given away without any being taken]. Now there's just the matter of the summer cardigan to finish and SSS [for two pairs] to overcome! It's those tiny 2.75mm needles that put me off! LOL

Then there'll only be recently cast-on projects in progress: a cotton baby blanket for my neighbour who is expecting her first child in February and another blanket for Wrap with Love, this time made of 28 crocheted 10inch squares. Crochet is so fast compared to knitting! But don't worry, I haven't given up knitting; I'm just taking a short detour while I decide what to cast on next! I desperately want to knit lace but what and for whom? Nobody I know is a lace person and it's not the most practical style for charity knitting. Ah! Decisions, decisions!

3 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully! Glad you got the sudden urge to finish it-see sewing isn't so bad! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a lovely shawl for the DD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so good. I know this project is ahead for me in my future. But I too an scared of the zip!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to reading your comment.
I like to answer comments; if you are "no-reply blogger" I will try my best to get back to you on your blog! I'm not on FaceBook so I can't contact you there!